1. Regulatory Background
Drug Administration Law of the People's Republic of China
Regulations for Implementation of the Drug Administration Law
Provision for Drug Registration
Announcement on Issues Concerning the Further Improvement of Drug Associated Review & Approval and Supervision ( No.56)
Pharmaceutical packaging used in drug product that plans to register in the People’s Republic of China.
3. Requirements on Application Dossier
The application dossier must comply with the Attachment 2 of Announcement on Adjusting the Review & Approval Items of APIs, Pharmaceutical Excipients and Packaging Materials issued by NMPA.
4. Type of Registration
New Application, Variation and Annual Report.
Center for Drug Evaluation of NMPA (CDE)
II Registration Target
Beijing Canny Consulting Inc. offers professional consulting services for pharmaceutical packaging registration in China. When pharmaceutical packaging application dossier is being reviewed associated with its drug product, Canny will assist and guide clients to pass the technical review so as to obtain status “A” (Active) on CDE platform.
III Content of Services
1. Act as local agent for pharmaceutical packaging registration.
2. Provide an outline for application dossier.
3. Perform gap analysis, evaluate risks, identify and correct deficiencies of the original documentations provided by the Applicant.
4. Translation, compilation and submission of application dossier.
5. Track registration progress, reply to questions raised by authority and submit supplementary documents.
6. Submit variation dossier, including major changes, moderate changes, minor changes and basic information changes.
7. Transfer of registration of pharmaceutical packaging.
8. Submit annual report to keep registered pharmaceutical packaging active.
IV. Pharmaceutical Packaging Registration Procedure
Fill in the Application form → Submit application dossier to CDE → Once application dossier is accepted; CDE will publish the registration number with status “I” on CDE platform → The application dossier is being reviewed technically together with its drug product → Once the technical review is passed, the status turns from “I” to “A”.